Saturday, November 1, 2014

Steampunk Altered Letter "S"

Hey Everyone,
So my friend Shelly's B-Day is coming up ( thanksgiving time) so I decided to shower her with gifts this year. Instead of sending one big package I decided to spread it out so she receives a couple of packages starting now still her bday. So her first present I decided to alter a wooden letter, S for her name. She looooooves the steampunk grungy look so I decided to try my hand at steampunk. Be aware I have never done steampunk before so I was a little concerned lol... So with out further delay here is my letter! I've uploaded a couple of pics so you could see all the areas  a bit closer.
So to start off I used several different products. If you want a detailed description of what I did please check out my youtube video by clicking HERE - Steampunk Altered Letter Video. I'm just going to give a quick run down here on this post. As always all the main products used will be listed below at the end of the post. I used a bunch of Butter Bee Scraps Artistic Treasures , Wild Orchid Crafts and Shimmerz Paints products. I used alot of metal gears and chipboard gears to add alot of layers of texture to the letter. On the base before adhering all the gears I used the Crafters Workshop Art Is Stencil , the proceeded to randomly adhere the geats in several different areas. there are several layers of gears throughout the entire letter. I painted the letter with black acrylic paint once I gessoed the entire letter. I then painted all the gears with my Viva Decor Inka Gold in 3 different colors to have the variety of metals on the letter. I used my Shimmerz and Blingz to color the WOC flowers that I added to the project. The Magnolia ( the red flower) I used my Shimmerz in Royal Red, for the Tuscany Rose ( the grey flower) I used the Blingz in Hi Ho Silver. On the Wild Rose Buds I use Lindy's Scintilating Silver. To finish the letter off I added 2 different styles of silver chains and some addition bronze charms. Check out the pics :)



Alrighty well this is my completed project. Shelly has already received her letter and she absolutely loved it, she called it Steampunk Romance which I thought was totally cute. ok here is your rundown of the products used. 

Main Products Used
Liquited White Gesso
Craftsmart Black Acrylic Paint
Matte Modge Podge
Viva Decor Inka Gold - Old Silver, Copper, and Brown Gold
Tim Holtz Sizzix Die - Gears
Lindy's Stamp Gang - Scintillating Silver

Butter Bee Scraps Artistic Treasure Products Used
Steampunk Charm Set
Bronze Keyholes
( Sorry couldnt provide links products are currently sold out)

Wild Orchid Craft Products Used
White Color Long Stem Stamens ( Product # SA-00005) No longer listed :(
Large White Wild Rosebuds

Shimmerz Paints Products Used
Inklingz - No Ones Chrome
Blingz - Hi Ho Silver
Shimmerz - Royal Red

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Please let me know what you think.

Monica aka Scrappin4MyBoys



No comments:

Post a Comment